Have You Checked Your Tires Lately?
Posted on Friday, October 21st, 2016 at 6:30 pm
Take 5 minutes a month to check your tires! Underinflation is the easist way to kill your tire. It causes unnecessary wear and eventually puts you at risk for a tire blowout. A tire can lose up to half of its pressure and not appear to be flat.
These tips are recommended by the National Highway Traffic Saftey Administration:
- Check tire pressure at least once a month.
- Inspect tires for uneven wear patterns on the tread, glass, or damage.
- Make sure your tire valves have valve caps.
- Check tire pressure before going on a long trip.
- Do not overload your vehicle.
- If you are towing a trailer, remember that some of the weight of the loaded trailer is transferred to the towing vehicle.
- Slow down if you have to go over a pothole or other object in the road.
- Do not run over curbs, and try not to strike the curb when parking.
If you need more information on how to check your tire pressure, click here.
Just 5 minutes a month could save you from preventable breakdowns and crashes. If you or someone you know has been injured in a car accident, call my office for assistance.